Trail Mix 2021 QAL
A group of Stashbusing buddies are going to work on the Trail Mix Quilt over the next several weeks. The pattern is free, and but are going to work on it together - or at your own speed!
How To Participate
- Download the FREE quilt pattern from All People Quilt.
- Share the "Trail Mix 2021" icon below on your Facebook or Instagram feed to let us know you're in.
- Follow and share your progress using the #TrailMix2021 hashtag on IO Group list, Instagram or Facebook.
Grab a button & help me spread the word!
I will be posting 'easier to follow' instructions than the original pattern from APQ. You can work ahead with the pattern, or follow along in these easy steps.
- Week 1 (Jan 7): Introduction, Fabric Requirements.
Start gathering fabrics
Share a comment that you plan to joing us.
- Week 2 (Jan 11): Make 32 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 3 (Jan 18): Make 72 Four-Patch Blocks, Make 38 Double Four Patch Blocks
- Week 4 (Jan 25): Make 24 Nine-Patch Blocks
- Week 5 (Feb 1): Make 48 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 6 (Feb 8): Assemble 24 Double Nine Patch Blocks
- Week 7 (Feb 15): Make 88 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 8 (Feb 22): Make 88 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 9 (Mar 1): Make 44 Four-Patch Blocks
- Week 10 (Mar 8): Make 42 Nine-Patch Blocks
Layout Center of Quilt
- Week 11 (Mar 15): Layout center of quilt, start sewing rows.
Borders & Finishing
- Week 12 (Mar 22): Cut and Add Borders
- Week 13 (Mar 29): Put it all together
- Week 14 (Apr 5): Show us your Flimsy